No Gi Jiu Jitsu
The no gi class is based on techniques of traditional Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, and the fundamental principles remain the same. Adjustments are made to compensate for the lack of a uniform to hold on to. In no gi you learn a whole new set of grips. The wrists, back of the neck, ankle, knee and elbow grips are all different than traditional gi grips. Students learn takedowns, positions, transitions, escapes, reversals and how to apply and defend against joint locks, chokes and other submission holds.
The curriculum focuses on fighting in a clinch and on the ground. No gi helps students develop skills that are useful in real self-defense situations as well as in the sporting environment. This gives students a new dimension to their existing skill set. It may be trained in solely or in conjunction with traditional gi classes. We think that it is important for students to understand both aspects, considering most tournaments offer both gi and no gi divisions.
No gi training makes for a faster and more dynamic style of fighting. If you are interested in a good fitness program or just to be a more complete fighter, the no gi program offers a good combination of both.
Benefits of joining our No Gi Jiu Jitsu Classes:
- Learn the most effective No Gi techniques adapted from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Increase focus, energy and concentration
- Enjoy significant gains in your overall fitness level
- Shape your No Gi Jiu Jitsu game by working with the instructors on your favorite positions
- Develop transitions
- Get the best preparation for Brazilian Jiu Jitsu competitions
- Friendly, family atmosphere and clean academy